I think the kids have completely lost sight as to what the purpose of a zoo is actually for. Most of us go to the zoo to see animals, right? Not my kids. They go to the zoo strictly to ride rides. Yes, we have a zoo membership which gets us in the gates free. That means we have a great activity that gets us out of the house and walking, that's fun, and completely free, right? WRONG! No, we have to ride every ride in the park before leaving...or else. And they are definitely not free.
The weather this week has been very un-Ohio like. Beautiful, clear blue sunny skies and temps in the 70's. Not too shabby for November! Today was supposedly the last warm day and as of tomorrow, we will dive right into our typical Ohio winter with gray, gloomy cloudy skies and temps in the 40's. Yuck.
The weather this week has been very un-Ohio like. Beautiful, clear blue sunny skies and temps in the 70's. Not too shabby for November! Today was supposedly the last warm day and as of tomorrow, we will dive right into our typical Ohio winter with gray, gloomy cloudy skies and temps in the 40's. Yuck.
SO, after Madison got home from school today, we packed up and headed out to the zoo. As soon as we entered the gates, Madison asked if we could go to Jungle Jack's Landing, which is a new area of the zoo full of amusement park rides for kids. Too bad it's November and that's closed. I suggested we go see some animals to which I got an exaggerated sigh. We headed in the direction of the petting zoo, only to find it was closed. Bummer. Then Madison is within eyesight of the train and asks if we can ride it. Nope, sorry, closed! I did a LOT of pulling the wagon today, too, because of how "bored" she was. We head to the back of the park...boat ride is closed, bird feeding is closed. So what do we do next? Head to the playground of course! And after that, we of course ride the merry-go-round. When I looked at the clock, it was time to head out. We did sneak in a peak of the sleeping rhino's, sleeping gators, and sleeping pink flamingos. Cool.
Well, we DID get out an enjoy the last warm day of 2008!
Watch out for the T-Rex behind you!!
Whoo hoo! We have smiles!
Hmmm, the fun has ended. I'm bored mom!
3 comments:
I wish they never added the new rides! It was so much easier when we only had to battle about the three original rides. My first trip with Kendyl after Jungle Jacks closed during the week was very similar to yours!
I love Madison's purse! How sassy!
Haha, too funny. At least you have a zoo that offers year-round activities, fun, and entertainment (even if most of it was closed). Pretty soon, the beautiful lights will be up and it'll feel like Christmas. Nope, not here....no zoo, disappointing aquarium, and ZERO indoor play areas. Lights on palm trees? It's just not right.
Post a Comment