I could probably handle this type of behavior a little better if it was out of sight, out of mind. But it's not. Oftentimes, the "man in my life" spends his sick days on the couch listening to me do the dishes, haul 100 lbs of laundry down the stairs and through the kitchen, break up 152 fights between the kids, make breakfast and lunch AND dinner, leave the house 7 times in one day which entails bundling up the kids in this dreaded Ohio winter and strapping them into their carseats time after time, unloading groceries, switching the laundry around, kissing boo-boos and calming tantrums. Meanwhile, every time a child so much as whimpers, he's asking "Is everything okay?" in his little pathetic sickly voice. Yes, everything is okay! Do you hear me screaming in fear as if one of the children is badly injured to the point I need help? DO YOU?? I don't need you to act like you care every time Nathan slips and falls down. How about when I'm giggling and wrestling with Nathan on the floor upstairs and you are yelling over and over again asking if we're ok. Yes, we're ok. It's called having fun. But perhaps in your delirium of your illness you forget what that's like. It must be so hard for you. So please, just retreat to the bedroom until you are better, please! I will like you MUCH better for it. :)
In Scott's defense...er, the man I may be talking about....he is terribly sick with some kind of food poisoning, stomach flu SOMETHING. He was up, literally, every 45 minutes last night violently ill. I thought for a second he might be dying based on the sounds I heard, but alas, he is still with us.
I don't mean to sound selfish, but I'd really like a sick day now and then. I'm not asking for much. Just one....one per year. A day to lay around and do nothing.
Also (another selfish comment coming), I was really planning on our back splash being started AND finished this week, and today was meant to be the start day. Damn.
Ok, I'm done venting.
Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
4 comments:
I'm feeling a cold coming on myself;)
What a way to start my day!! I am sitting here cracking up even though I already heard the story yesterday!! So very true although, could I get a sick day too??
There they go again, acting like twins separated at birth! Haha, I swear it's so true of every wife and mother in the world! Our jobs are the most underappreciated, yet most important in the world. If it's any consolation, Nursing was just ranked the most "honest and ethical" profession. Maybe mr. sickie just loves the way you take care of him ;)
I bust out laughing at your response Khrystin. I don't take care of him when he's sick! It takes everything in me to keep my "insensitive" mouth shut while he's complaining!!!
Post a Comment