Well, ok, not really...but if you go anywhere retail-related, you can't help to start to get in the mood! Christmas decor, trees, stockings...all things Christmas, are everywhere you look. It's hard to believe that the year 2008 is coming to a close. It truly feels like it just began!
We had a fun day today. Andy is staying with us this week and because both he and Madison were out of school, and Scott was off of work, we all went to Nathan's 'jumpin' jellybeans' class this morning. Madison, and all the other older siblings that came today, were completely welcomed into the class like they belonged there. And daddy finally got to see what little Mr. does at his class. As he dodges from station to station, he gets in a full head-down run, with his folded arms going back and forth so fast. It's too cute for words. I need to get that run on video!
Afterwards we headed to the mall to visit Santa! Yes, the kids sat on Santa's lap before Thanksgiving. Early, I know, but it was nice because the crowds were minimal. And when I say minimal, I mean we literally walked right up and they sat down with him! Madison ran up to him before the previous kid even fully walked away. I swear I blinked and she was already discussing her present ideas with him. Nathan was a little uneasy as I sat him on Santa's lap. He just stared directly into Santa's eyes for about 30 seconds, almost in a trans. It was so funny. No worries, though, because mommy had already prepped him that if he sat on Santa's lap and said "chheeesssseee!" he would get a lolipop. So once he completed his staring contest, he turned and looked at the camera with the most cheesy grin I've ever seen. You may think he looks terrified, but I promise you he wasn't. He was enthralled with Santa, but most importantly accomplished the task mommy sent him on to get his beloved lolipop.
This is their "do not reuse" copy of the picture...sorry about quality.

2 comments:
I love the posed picture in front of the holiday decorations...might have to go steal that background idea!
Adorable!
Post a Comment