Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Any 'Everybody Loves Raymond' fans?

Remember the episode when Ray returns from a business trip, leaving his suitcase on the stairs and both he and Debra were too stubborn to put it away because each thought the other should do it? It was a hilarious episode and I'm sure more than one of us has been known to allow their stubborn streak to show in a somewhat similar manner at least once, right?

Sunday morning, before I was going to handle 15 lbs of raw turkey in my hands, I took off my wedding rings and placed them on the desk in the kitchen. Julie did the same with her rings. Harold (her husband) has a bad habit of "stealing" her rings whenever she takes them off to send her into a state of panic when she can't find them. My guess is it doesn't work on her anymore because she expects it now. So, as usual, Harold confiscated her rings, then returned them to her once she noticed. I, on the other hand, forgot about my rings and remembered Monday morning that I didn't have them on. I went to get them, and they're gone.

I didn't really think twice about it, thinking maybe I put them somewhere else, and continued on with my morning. Later in the afternoon, I went back to look for them, without success. The thought dawned on me. I bet Scott took the rings to prove a point for leaving them laying around. Ok, I'll wait.

And wait...

So now it is Tuesday night, still no rings, still no word from Scott. Should I ask him in case he really didn't take them? If he didn't take them, I have a really big problem. But if he did take them, then I've lost the game! Hmmm, what to do.

I am anxiously awaiting for him to ask me why I don't have my rings on and where they are, to which I will tell him I put them in my jewelry box the other day and have forgotten to put them back on. Not sure if I can pull it off without smiling.

I've already done a search of all his potential hiding spots, to no avail.

What to do?

If you're reading this Scott, hand 'em over, I'm on to you!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe Herold took yours too??

caroline said...

I found them today! Scott put them in my jewlery box...ok, he wasn't as tricky as I thought he was being!

KJH said...

Haha! Your jewelry box? How dare he put them in a logical place...where they belong. LOL ;)

caroline said...

I know it sounds like I over reacted, but I really didn't! He took the rings from the spot I left them, without telling me, and put them away...something he's never done before. THAT's what made it a mystery!! ;)