Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday night!

I love Friday nights. Despite the fact that it no longer represents a night out on the town, it's probably my favorite night of the week. It's the one night that I feel like I can let loose of any responsibilities and just relax without guilt. Love it! Even better is the fact that the kids are in bed asleep and it's 7:30...I have the whole evening ahead of me to do whatever it is I please!

Today was my last day of clinical for the quarter. Gosh, time is just flying. I anticipated this quarter with such fear, both because of the instructor I was assigned to (thanks to rumors about her) and the hospital I was placed at (in 'da ghetto). However, the quarter was a complete 180 from what I thought it woule be. My instructor was actually unbelievable and I feel so fortunate that I will be with her again next quarter. She was super strict, to the point, no nonesense, and never particularly gave us encouragement or praise for what we were doing, but in spite of that, she encouraged me to grow as a (student) nurse and made me stay on top of my game and I am leaving this quarter with so much more confidence than I came in with! It's a really, really good feeling. And the hospital was also much more pleasant than I was expecting and I really grew to love it there. The nurses were all nice and helpful (not always the case!), and most of the patients were so receptive to us student nurses (which is also not always the case). They had a good share of the nasty MRSA and VRE infected, isolation patients (ick), but it was good experience, for sure! So now I have two weeks of hell ahead of me studying for the killer final exam, but then....freedom!!! (for a month, that is)

Off to relax for the evening!

No comments: