Sunday, November 9, 2008

My new kitchen table to-be

I've wanted a new kitchen table for a long while. I want something square with darker wood and preferably with bench seating down one side. Soooo, I've found the table I want at World Market and have been eyeing it for oh, probably a year now. There's only one problem. The whole set is about $1300. Yikes. This week it is on sale PLUS I have a 25% off coupon to use, bringing the grand total down to $800 before taxes...so what would that be..close to $900? Still a lot of moolah right before Christmas and Madison's 'big 5' birthday.

Thanks to some poking and prodding from Mom AND Hayley's grand inspiration, I've decided to paint/stain our current table black. Julie will be very disappointed as she's had dibs on this table for a long long time now, but hey $50 in paint or $900 on a new table? I'm springing for the $50. It won't be square and it won't have bench seating, but it WILL be black and maybe this will hold off my desire for a new table for a couple more years.

I'm hoping to do it next week...before and after pics to follow!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Can't wait to see it!

Kevin and Christen said...

I just spray painted mine, black! LOVE IT!! My inspiration came from Hayley, too!!

caroline said...

you spray painted your kitchen table??? I need pictures! Scott is very skeptical (Hayley) of spray painting...but I told him how awesome your stuff turned out. Pictures, ladies!!

Jen said...

Mindi is a total guru at transforming furniture into beautiful black pieces to love, if you need advice!