Thursday, October 2, 2008

You're kidding, right?

My baby girl has her first loose tooth!!!!!

She was eating an apple this evening that she hand picked off an apple tree today (school field trip). She came up to me and said it's hurting to eat the apple and can I look in her mouth. Without thinking twice I wiggled her bottom teeth and low and behold, a very loose bottom front tooth!!! I was so excited, definitely more so than her. I had to explain the excitment of losing your teeth, that it doesn't hurt, and that the tooth fairy visits when it comes out. She was nervous, yet excited. She kept going up to everyone (Andy and Nana were here) wiggling her tooth with her tongue. But then she would suddenly say she didn't want to talk about it. I can't believe my little girl will have that cute little grin with missing teeth. Oh my goodness!

The tooth fairy will be visiting very soon!!

5 comments:

Jen said...

In an attempt to keep Kendyl little longer I'm gonna have to ban her from seeing Madison--are you feeding that girl miracle grow??? I can't believe you are already at the loose tooth milestone:-) Your little girl is getting so BIG!

Anonymous said...

WOW! If I am not sad enough about Ava growing up so quickly and then this happens. I heard the tooth fairy leaves 20's in your house....let Scott know about that!! :)

caroline said...

I certainly wasn't expecting to lose a tooth just yet, that's for sure!

And hmmm, Scott probably thinks the tooth fairy still leaves quarters. Sadly, I don't think Madison would be too impressed with that!

Hayley said...

So are you going to tie it to a doorknob and slam the door?

caroline said...

we asked her if she'd like us to do that....she politely declined. ;)