Scott is not an easy person to shop for. He has EVERYTHING and when he wants something that he doesn't have, he buys it without giving me even a remote chance of ever getting him something he's had his eye on. So I have to get creative, usually. For the past year he's been keeping his eyes open for pictures for the walls in his office. His walls are bare and the office looks incomplete.
After mentioning my dilemma of gift-searching to a few girlfriends, I found my solution. Scott likes jazz music (although he rarely listens to it) and he love love loves his guitar (despite the fact that he can't play it). That's ok. :)
Rosie (thanks girly!) knew of the exact picture that I should get for his wall. It is painted by her favorite artist and she knew exactly where to get it. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was perfect! It is a painting of a jazz club. It's the perfect size and perfect colors. Sold.
THEN, I had this grand idea to take a creative picture of his guitar and blow it up for the wall. It was a challenge finding the perfect lighting in the house, but I finally snagged a fantastic picture. My dear friend Jen (thanks to you, too!) suggested the site BlockPosters.com to blow the picture up large in a very creative (and cheap!) way. It was perfect....and the end result was sooo cool! I also have to give credit to Mindi for turning the picture into black and white, then colorizing just the guitar. I would've never been able to figure that out on my own. Talented lady!
So here is the picture, turned black and white, then colorized.
Because the block poster came in eight individual pictures/frames, we wrapped each one individually and then sent Scott on a scavenger hunt throughout the house to find all the "pieces." Once he found them all, he opened them up and put together his puzzle. He was pretty surprised, and we all had so much fun watching him search, and then put together the final product!
Here is the final product and how it will be hung on the wall. Final size is 2ft. X 3ft.
4 comments:
Caroline --- that is so awesome! - you are such the talented photographer:) i wish i had 1/2 the talent you do - so when can i hire you to do stuff for me???
Wow!! I'm impressed. Those were all such good ideas and you did a fantastic job of pulling it all together. Super creative and he looks very surprised. Lucky man to have such a thoughtful wife like you!
It turned out great! I'm so impressed :)
Thanks for all the compliments...as mentioned on my blog, I can't take ALLLL the credit for it, though. :) It did turn out pretty sweet, though!
Post a Comment