Thursday, October 30, 2008

Twas the night before Halloween...

I layed out newspaper on the floor and let the kids do the dirty work of cleaning out the pumpkins for carving. They loved it! Madison was kind of grossed out at first, but when I sent her on a mission to collect all the seeds so we could roast them, she got right into it! Nathan thought it was pretty cool, too.

Madison picked the design of a skeleton climbing out of the pumpkin and I don't think Scott was quite prepared for the amount of work that was ahead of him. Let me put it this way, I had to coerce the kids into going to bed before it was done and promised them they'd see the finished product in the morning! By the time I got them tucked in and came to check on the progress, Scott was had sweat dripping from his face as he wondered why he agreed to the ridiculously difficult design! But hey, it turned out awesome! The kids carved pumpkin #2 with nana the next morning, too. So they are all pumpkin'd out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another tradition that I need to start!!