Giving the kids a bath tonight, I got a little wild while playing with them and was dunking my face into bowl after bowl of bath water blowing bubbles. They were laughing hysterically, so it was worth submerging my entire face for. Low and behold, after doing it 5 or 6 times, I look into the bath water to see poop floating around the tub. Yuck!!! Thank you, Nathan!! Mommy really appreciates that!
My little bathtub pooper has had quite the language explosion in the last couple weeks. He repeats everything he hears, including stuff on tv. The other day we were snuggling on the couch while I was watching Grey's Anatomy (yes, prime 1 year old tv viewing) and he was repeating their last 2-3 words of every sentance. It was so funny. He is putting 4 and 5 words together all of a sudden, it's adorble! I love watching them figure these things out. It never ceases to amaze this mommy!
My girl is busy busy with school. Usually by Wednesdays she is asking if she has school the next day. When my answer is yes, she shrugs her shoulders in exhaustion. It's hard work, I know! She's learning so much this year. She knows all the planets in our solar system and was even the one to inform me that Pluto is no longer a planet. Did you know that? I didn't! Where have I been? She knows how many bones are in our bodies, how pumpkins grow, all about nocturnal animals, she is learning to sign the alphabet, etc. They have "cooking day" every Thursday in class, so she's coming home with all sorts of fun little recipes for us to play with. Too bad this lazy mom hasn't made a one since she's started! But I've got a nice stack of recipes to play with when the mood finally strikes!
2 comments:
OMG, the bath story is hilarious. And um yes, your pre-schooler is learning more than my daughter is in her SC Kindergarten class. No wonder this state is ranked 49th in the nation. Thank goodness she can read at a 4th grade level.
Uh oh! Well yes, good thing she is a fabulous reader...that makes a big difference!
Post a Comment