Thursday, February 26, 2009

Making it more real

I'm training for the half marathon!!!! May 2 is the big day.

I'm announcing it so that I will be even MORE motivated to keep training, because I don't like to fail...and admitting failure to everyone on here would be major defeat for me.

I ran the Capital City Half Marathon in 2005, coming in at 2 hours and 28 minutes. I would like to beat that time this year. And since the date has been pushed back a month from the regular early April date, I think my chances of 33 degree weather, sleet, rain, snow and 38 mph winds are pretty slim. (Yes, those were the actual weather conditions that I ran 13.1 miles in!) If I could do it then, I can definitely do it now!

I need this extra "Nathan-weight" off of me...it's so not flattering!

3 comments:

Meems said...

How exciting. I still have some unflattering Joshua pounds of my own. I wish you great success at your goal!

Anonymous said...

I will keep you motivated....from the sidelines of course!! I would pass out after 1/4 mile. So out of shape!!!

KJH said...

That's awesome C! I'll be cheering you on from SC.