I know it was months ago when I spoke about painting our kitchen table black. But I can finally say, it's done!! The table itself has been done since late December, but the chairs were a different story. The process of stripping, sanding, painting and top-coating the table was a little too tedious for Scott, so it was quite a struggle to get him motivated to do the chairs. When he finally attempted them, he immediately broke one of the chair backs trying to dissasemble it. So we broke down and bought new, black chairs. In addition, we found a black bench on clearance at Target, that matches perfectly! So all in all, we have about $300 in the "new" table....much better than the $1300 we were contemplating spending on a table at World Market.
I forgot to take before pictures, until he was already stripping the table down. But here's a pic to give you an idea. This was in our basement after he began sanding. It's just a regular 'ol round oak table.


We do really like it, however, no one told me to expect massive amounts of fingerprints! Yes, the black shows every touch on the table, but it's worth it, because I love how it looks!
The after pic!!:

I'm still working on finding some type of center piece for it, along with placemats of some sort. Suggestions are definitely welcome!
2 comments:
The end product is awesome!!!!! Way to be a budget conscious and cool decorator all at the same time!
Oooh Ahhhh, I love it! The bench is a great idea and I bet the kids love it.
Post a Comment