Saturday, the kids and I (along with our neighbors) went on a bike ride into uptown Westerville to eat lunch at 'The Hot Dog Joint.' It's a fun hot dog restaurant that Madison loves specifically for the dog bone she gets with her meal, that can later be exchanged for an ice cream cone. We stopped at a park and then headed home while Nathan snoozed in the bike trailer after the busy afternoon.
Sunday night, the city of Westerville had a great fireworks display celebrating its' 200th year of excistance! It was a perfect, clear, warm summer evening to watch fireworks. The evening ended with Madison and I along with our next door neighbors camping out in the back yard. I will say this...it gets CHILLY at night! Madison, oblivious to the cold, slept all night long like a rock, while I kept waking up shivering, waiting impatiently for daylight!
Monday, we spent the day at the pool, the last day open for the season. Again, it was beautiful hot sunny weather and we soaked it up knowing we won't be back there until next summer. How did the summer go by so fast??
We topped off the weekend grilling out with neighbors. It was such a nice weekend, I hated to see it end!
2 comments:
Great post!! What an exciting life you have. Maybe we should add some more excitment and make some towels???
Sounds like fun to me!
Post a Comment