It's garbage day, but of course!
As soon as Nathan heard the garbage truck pull onto our street, we just *had* to run outside to watch their every move. When they pulled up to our house, the garbage man, who is now accustomed to his weekly watches by Nathan, waved hello and asked if he wanted to drive the truck. I thought he was totally teasing, but oh no, he wasn't! We were invited into the garbage truck, where he proceeded to let the parking brake go and Nathan "drove" this 5 ton truck by himself. He kind of freaked out when the truck started moving and he let go.
But Madison had to have a turn too! She hopped in, the man released the brake again, and off goes Madison down the street, literally driving this truck all by herself, looking at me like "Mom, should I be doing this??"
The kids thought it was pretty darn cool!
4 comments:
Fortget medical school...I see some garbage men and women in your futre ;)
Forget speech pathology...SOMEONE needs to go back to grammar school!!
you will have to see if next tuesday they offer them to drive again - this time have your camera in hand!!!
good plan...they are so nice, I guarantee they'd let them do it again!
Post a Comment