Monday, September 15, 2008

He paid us a visit...

Ike, that is. He came coasting through here with 75mph+ winds last night, knocking out power at our house for nearly 12 hours. Madison was outside playing as the winds began. I knew it was time for her to come in when branches began flying through the yards, and I heard transformers exploding in the distance. That's never a good sign, is it!

Obviously, this isn't near or even comparable to the devastation that those in Texas are going through right now. But it was definitely quite a site outside today. Trees are down everywhere, some completely uprooted and laying on their sides. Those were some STRONG winds! And I'm certainly thankful none of our large trees landed on our house! I was worried about it all night long. I even moved Nathan's crib to the other side of his room before putting him to bed, in fear of a tree smashing through his wall!


A tree in the backyard
A little closer



No comments: