Tuesday, September 30, 2008

And it continues...

So as of yesterday morning, still no word from the VP. I decided to contact the assistant coach on Madison's team to ask him for more direction. He was out of town this weekend, so he missed the lovely scene altogether. We had an interesting conversation, though. He had a very similar confrontation with the coach earlier in the season. He said he approached him with a concern, and Tony (the coach) flew off the handle at him. Since then, they've been tolerating each other until the season is over. Interesting. Definitely anger management issues.

This assistant coach told us that Tony did call him already to tell him about what happened (a VERY skewed version of it) and proceeded to tell him that he had contacted every parent on the team to talk to them about it, as well. I'm sorry, HOW are the other parents even remotely involved in his inappropriate blow up??

Still not accomplishing anything by this afternoon, I sent out a quick email to every contact I could find on the association's website (though that's not many, trust me). Within the hour, Scott got a phone call from the coordinator of the league and he was shocked, to say the least. The information was also forwarded to the President, VP and the legal counsel. And they were supposed to talk with him this evening. We'll see what happens. Tomorrow should definitely prove to be an interesting game!

In the end, even though I don't know the outcome, I feel soooo much better. I've been anguishing over this for the last few days, mostly because we were unable to contact anyone, and I strongly believed he shouldn't get away with his actions without some type of consequence, regardless of what that consequence will be.

1 comment:

Meems said...

I hope it gets resolved. That stinks!