Fast forward nine months....baby Elly arrives!!! Unfortunately, the stars didn't line up and I wasn't able to make the trip out to Texas. This summer, once I finished school, circumstances were different and we decided to make the trip work!
As excited as I was to get away for a few days, see Hayley and meet Elly, I grew more and more nervous to say goodbye to my babies. If you know me, you know I've not been away from either kid at all, minus Madison's sleepovers. Nathan, my little man, hadn't been away from mommy at all! And much to the surprise of many, Nathan still nurses at the ripe 'ol age of 2 1/2, so I was worried about the adjustment he would go through being away from his one and only comfort!
I kissed my darlings good night, slept for a few short hours and got up to catch the first flight out of Columbus. I arrived into the sweltering heat of Texas without a hitch! The weekend was PERFECT! I spent 4 days loving and snuggling a gorgeous 4 1/2 month old baby girl, and laughing it up with Hayley, as usual. We were even able to sneak away from the baby one night for good 'ol Texas margaritas and mexican food. Yum! I got to sleep in, I didn't have to break up fights, give baths, cut up food, listen to whining or have little people pull and hang on me. And when the baby cried?? I could hand her back!!! It was glorious!
I missed my children dearly, but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of my getaway and declared to Scott that I think I deserve a break like that once a year. Not too much to ask, right? I don't think so. He said he has to think about it. Hmmm.
Bathtime for Elly...I got to sit and watch :)
Like mother like daughter?
Girlfriend HAS to have something in her mouth at all times....feet are totally acceptable!
The three of us
Thank you, Hayley, for a fabulous four-day weekend!!! I miss you and love you both! :) And a special thanks to Donna and Damon, my gracious host/hostess and my access to the Delta buddy pass ;) You all are truly like family to me!
2 comments:
We love you Caroline and loved having you here! Hope we see you next year too...
Donna
Awwww...I love all the pictures! We loved having you and can't wait till next time!
Post a Comment