The Kindergarten class starts gradually at the beginning of the school year so that the teachers can assess each child before having the entire class at once. So starting last Wednesday, 5 students attended each day for their assessments. Much to Madison's dismay, her assessment day (and hence, her FIRST day of Kindergarten) didn't arrive until today. She's been DYING to go!!
I tucked her in last night, completely giddy with excitment and smiling ear to ear. She would've talked my ear off for an hour if I let her. She was SO excited!! She had picked out her outfit, layed it out, ready for this morning. As soon as she woke up, I could hear her prancing around her room getting dressed in her first day of school outfit. She came downstairs dressed and sat down with me to eat breakfast. Thankfully, Nathan decided to sleep in this morning so her and I got to talk about her exciting upcoming day. It was so nice to have that time with her this morning.
Eating her favorite - Toaster Strudel - in her carefully picked out dress. Unfortunately, it's November in August and we had to change into something warmer....
Then it was time to go! We stepped outside for the obligatory pictures and off we went. I kid you not when I say the girl smiled on the entire walk to school. When we entered the building, she took the lead and led me right to her classroom. She was the first kid to arrive and just marched right in and said, "Hi, Mrs. Drum!" She hung up her backpack and sat right down and started doing an art project. Girlfriend is not shy!
Stylin' and ready to go
Me and my baby girl...not such a baby anymore
Nathan said, "Take my picture, TOO!"
I'm so proud of her. I had to fight back the tears as I said goodbye, mostly because I'm just so happy that SHE'S so happy. She lights up my life!!
7 comments:
I love it! I sure hope Elly is the same way. I still remember sobbing when my mom would drop me off at Miss Jeanie's preschool. "PLEASE, don't leave me!!! I just want to be with YOU!!!!"
Madison looks darling and so do you Mommy! I LOVE the matching hairdos. Too cute. What an exciting day. Give her a hug from us.
Awww! What an exciting day. She is quite the ham. Adorable.
She looks beyond thrilled! What a cute outfit. You got some great pics, I especially love the self portrait of the two of you!
how cute. I went to McVay too, the very first year it opened back in the early 90s. So where do you guys live? I assume somewhere close to McVay...I was just in Ohio at the beginning of the month visiting my folks.
Loved it Caroline!!!
Donna
Post a Comment