Ok, so state fair's are not exactly my most favorite thing to look forward to. Spending tons of money, walking around crowded fairgrounds, waiting in long, hot lines, eating greasy food. BUT, Grandma and Grandpa were SO excited to take the kids to the fair, so we decided to indulge in their dream.
We headed off to the fair with my only guideline being we would spend about 3 hours there. That is typically breaking point for Nathan. As it turned out, it was an overcast day which kept both the heat AND the people away. We made our way down the mid-way, Madison riding every ride and playing every game her littlest heart desired. Her and grandpa even got lured into the "World's Smallest Woman" exhibit. Who knew we still had these at fairs in the year 2009? But yes, they paid $1 and rounded a corner to find a very small woman sitting on a table looking at them. Madison had lots of questions after that one.
We ate our corndog lunch with fresh squeezed lemonade, had a big ice cream dessert and continued on. We made our way inside the building where everyone is trying to sell their "as seen on tv" products. I warned the in-laws as we walked in there that I'm a bit of a sucker and I shouldn't go in, but in we went. I almost got sucked into the "bumpit" stand, but was lured away by a promise of a 10 minute massage. That was lovely! Afterwards, as I meandered through the aisles, I came across a teeth whitening station. Something that is normally $250, only $69??? Sign me up!! That's right people, I got my teeth whitened at the state fair and I'm pretty darn sure they didn't lighten up the 7 shades as promised. Sucker.
Out we went back to the rides for the kids. On the way, Madison passed by heaven...oops, I mean, a candy store. This store had baskets and baskets and BASKETS of candy. I think Grandpa realized quickly that the only way to avoid buying $500 in candy was to make Madison run through, grabbing candy as she went. He didn't really explain the rules to her so as she was desperately grasping candy to throw in her basket, she kept asking "Why are we running??" with a very confused and scared look on her face. In the end, the child walked out with more candy than we can eat in a year. We finished off the day riding the kiddie rides until it was time to leave....just a mere 6 hours after we arrived.
All in all, it was a fun-filled day...and the best part was, I didn't spend a penny (I try to pretend I didn't get ripped at the teeth whitening station)! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!!
We headed off to the fair with my only guideline being we would spend about 3 hours there. That is typically breaking point for Nathan. As it turned out, it was an overcast day which kept both the heat AND the people away. We made our way down the mid-way, Madison riding every ride and playing every game her littlest heart desired. Her and grandpa even got lured into the "World's Smallest Woman" exhibit. Who knew we still had these at fairs in the year 2009? But yes, they paid $1 and rounded a corner to find a very small woman sitting on a table looking at them. Madison had lots of questions after that one.
We ate our corndog lunch with fresh squeezed lemonade, had a big ice cream dessert and continued on. We made our way inside the building where everyone is trying to sell their "as seen on tv" products. I warned the in-laws as we walked in there that I'm a bit of a sucker and I shouldn't go in, but in we went. I almost got sucked into the "bumpit" stand, but was lured away by a promise of a 10 minute massage. That was lovely! Afterwards, as I meandered through the aisles, I came across a teeth whitening station. Something that is normally $250, only $69??? Sign me up!! That's right people, I got my teeth whitened at the state fair and I'm pretty darn sure they didn't lighten up the 7 shades as promised. Sucker.
Out we went back to the rides for the kids. On the way, Madison passed by heaven...oops, I mean, a candy store. This store had baskets and baskets and BASKETS of candy. I think Grandpa realized quickly that the only way to avoid buying $500 in candy was to make Madison run through, grabbing candy as she went. He didn't really explain the rules to her so as she was desperately grasping candy to throw in her basket, she kept asking "Why are we running??" with a very confused and scared look on her face. In the end, the child walked out with more candy than we can eat in a year. We finished off the day riding the kiddie rides until it was time to leave....just a mere 6 hours after we arrived.
All in all, it was a fun-filled day...and the best part was, I didn't spend a penny (I try to pretend I didn't get ripped at the teeth whitening station)! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!!
Nathan riding a tractor and just being cute.
Riding the Frog Hopper (blonde boy not part of us)
We risked our lives on the Ferris Wheel
I'm pooped!!
1 comment:
You got your teeth whittened at the fair? That is seriously cracking me up;-) Looks like a really fun day!
Post a Comment