Monday, December 29, 2008

It's that time of year again...

I took both kids to the doctor today for coughs that had been lingering for weeks......

Madison came out with a potential diagnosis of asthma. This is the child who is never sick, gets 2 sniffles a year, no allergies, nada. But according to the doctor, she has two very common symptoms of asthma; a cough that arises with any type of exercise/running and a longer expiratory rate as opposed to being equal breaths in and out. She left with a prescription for an inhaler with the hopes that it DOESN'T help the cough, meaning it's a long standing viral infection making her cough instead of asthma. Let's hope!

Nathan, poor little guy, is apparently the victim of neglect seeing as the doctor gave him a breathing treatment as soon as she listened to his poor wheezing lungs, put him on steroids plus an antiobiotic for the raging ear infection in one ear, an infection so bad that she figured he probably couldn't hear out of that ear!!! Not to mention he was placed on breathing treatments 3X day. Oops.

Here's the little man, not happy about what is occurring. The only light at the end of his treatment tunnel is that he gets to push the off button on the machine. Yes, that's very exciting for him! (excuse my nastiness...this was taken early in the morning or late a night...either way, I look gross).

5 comments:

Hayley said...

Poor little guy :( I wish I was there...maybe a go on the machine would cure my nasty cough!

Anonymous said...

LOL!! You look just as beautiful as always. Your a Mom caring for you baby.

Meems said...

Awww! Poor little man. It seems to be going around here as well.

Hope they feel better soon.

KJH said...

Goodness, it seems everyone is being diagnosed with asthma now. I think they've redefined it and anyone with a prolonged cough, has asthma. Lily's inhaler hasn't seemed to help and we don't know what to do next...an allergist? ENT? Poor kids, weren't all of our healthy choices supposed to prevent these sorts of things?

Jen said...

Breathing treatments are no fun. I love him in his footed pajamas:-)