Despite the dreaded "poke-poke's", as we call them, everything went well. Nathan measured in at 33 1/2" tall and 25 lbs. 14 oz. He does have terrible eczema that we finally broke down and got a prescription for. I've been trying to handle it myself because I don't like the idea of using steroids on my baby boy, but I think he's finally reached a point where aquaphor and hydrocortisone just isn't cutting it!
Poor Nathan obviously remembered the last time we visited that office and got shots, because as soon as the nurse came in with the tray of needles, he clung to me like a monkey and started screaming before I even layed him down! He also did the traumatic I'm-not-gonna-breathe-anymore-and-let-my-lips-turn-blue cry when she administered the shots, which absolutely breaks my heart.
But the good news is, he got to spend the afternoon at the pool playing with his (other) girlfriend (sorry Ava!), Lauryl, eating cookies, jumping, splashing and giggling. Hopefully he's forgotten all about those nasty little poke-poke's!
1 comment:
hey there, so good to see your name on my blog.... I am so new to this and have no idea what I'm doing...so how do I add you to my list so we can keep in touch?? Your family is PRECIOUS!!! Hope to see you sometime, soon...maybe at Hayley's baby shower??? :) take care, christen
Post a Comment