Thursday night was the pinning ceremony. When you graduate from nursing school, you receive a nursing pin from the faculty and clinical instructors who taught you. It was a really neat ceremony and I was so happy to be a part of it!
All of us new nurses entered the room with lit candles.
Being pinned by Dana Buechner, my instructor from my Neonatal Intensive Care Class
Friday morning was the graduation. I was almost talked out of going because nearly everyone in my program had chosen not to go as we've all graduated once (or twice) before already. But I worked hard for this degree and I needed the closure, so I went and joined the TWO others (out of 40) from my program who came to graduation. In the end, I was really glad I went because it was a really nice commencement with inspiring speeches.


7 comments:
Congrats!!! What an accomplishment. I'll bet you are feeling a huge since of relief now. Aside from the job search that is.
Congratulations! What an accomplishment to have under your belt, and the satisfaction of knowing you did it while raising TWO kids! You are AMAZING! One question...with your kick butt grades, where is your graduation flair???
Dummmm, dum, dum, dum, dum, dummmmm...That is supposed to be the graduation song. CONGRATS!!!!! Wish I could have been there to cheer you across the stage. I was there in sprit :)
Jen- I was very disappointed to not receive ANY flair when I got to graduation...my GPA in the nursing program was a 3.7, which should have made me a Magna Cum Laude graduate, but they used cumulative GPA, pulling in my accounting courses from 10 years ago (I took over a summer break from OSU) that I got C's in, which brought my GPA down below a 3.5...I was SO bummed!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!! what an amazing accomplishment! maybe someday you can help me keep my head on my shoulders when I go back to school :) CONGRATS and hopefully job searching wont be to stressful - anyone to hire you would have a great nurse on their staff :) (will you be general nursing? or straight to ob?)
I would LOVE to go straight to OB, but chances are, I will need to wet my feet in med/surg first for some experience...understandably....
Sooooooooo excited for you! And darn right you earned the graduation ceremony...glad you went and participated.
Post a Comment