Sunday, July 12, 2009

NOT how I wanted to spend a summer Sunday afternoon

But it HAD to be done.

Cleaning the playroom, that is. It was out of control. This is not an out of ordinary event, as anyone who visits our home quickly finds out. However, each time I spend 5 hours cleaning and organizing this *lovely* room, I swear to both myself and the kids that I will never do it again. It's their responsibility. But alas, 4-5 weeks later when every toy imaginable is on the floor, including sticky lolipop sticks and crumbled leaves from outside, I admit defeat and hang my sorry head as I march back into the room 'o toys.

But this time is different. This time, I'm serious. No more! I sent Madison in alone today to do the work by herself and she didn't enjoy it one bit. After many lectures and even more breakdowns (and, finally, a little help from mom), the playroom is clean. Madison spent a whopping 4+ hours cleaning this room today and I hope beyond hope that it was a wake up call for her, because I explained that the next time she lets the room get to this point, I will not come to her rescue.

We both agreed that spending a little time before bed each night might be the answer to her troubles of keeping the room clean, so we will see!

Oh, how I wish I had taken a before picture!!!



1 comment:

Kevin and Christen said...

OH MY GOSH!!! LOVE this room!! I would have been in heaven as a kid having this place to hang out in!!
Now, would you come down and set up my playroom, please?