Monday, July 20, 2009

A new 'do to go with the new smile!

Madison has been asking for a few weeks now to get her haircut short. A bunch of her friends have recently chopped their locks and I think she feels the need to follow suit. But beyond the peer pressure, her hair is just LONG, it's thin, and she was lucky enough to inherit my naturally curly, always needs-to-be tamed hair. Today she laid on the begging pretty hard and I caved. I tried one last time to convince her to wait until closer to school so she can get a new look just before school starts, but she had made up her mind.

Off to Sweet 'n Sassy we went! And because they were running a few minutes behind when we got there, they painted her fingernails as a fun bonus, which of course she didn't object to.

When we came home and laid Nathan down for a nap, her and I had a mini-spa afternoon and did pedicures on our toes, complete with soaking our feet in the jacuzzi tub, a sugar rub, foot lotion and painted nails! She was sick this weekend, so this was just what the girl needed to get back on her feet! A little day of pampering. :)


About 6+ inches chopped off!!

7 comments:

Hayley said...

Too cute! I can't believe how stinkin big she is getting!

Jen said...

oh, wow--it looks awesome!!!! Looks so much fuller at this length. How exciting for her!

Meems said...

She really does look so big. It looks great!

KJH said...

Super Cute!! She is definitely all ready for Kindergarten.

However, I think we win the "tough to tame" award! We go through gallons of detangling spray a week ;)

caroline said...

I agree, Khrystin...you guys definitely win the award. I'm just saying if we don't spend time with the flat iron or braiding, her hair looks wild and out of control! And on these summer days, it's next to impossible to slow Madison down long enough to actually do her hair. Lily's hair always looks adorable...you tame it well...I've never seen it messy!

KJH said...

Aw, you're sweet...but this is about your cutie pie. She is definitely your Mini-Me now!

Traci said...

Wow!! I was so surprised. So super cute!!