Thursday, July 9, 2009

An evening stroll

Nathan got some major one on one attention this evening from Scott and I. Madison went for a sleepover at Nana's house and the three of us went out for dinner and ice cream. Boy, what a difference going from two kids down to one kid makes! It was relaxed, quiet, and there was no fighting for attention. Nathan was being SUPER cute, completely soaking up all the attention he was getting. When we left the house to go out to eat, he was playing with pretend money (coins) and brought them with him. In the car, he announced that HE was paying for dinner. He didn't forget about the money he brought all throughout dinner and kept asking, "I pay now?" Finally, when it was time to pay, he gave the waitress two plastic coins. The smile on his face melted my heart...he was so proud! We had a really fun night. When we got home, the three of us headed out for a walk in the neighborhood. But as boys will have it, Nathan turned every running sprinkler in the neighborhood into his own personal water park. When we were almost back home, I ran to the house for my camera. I couldn't miss capturing his cuteness on camera!





After snapping 20 or so pictures, he asked me to stop taking pictures and just watch him. He caught me a couple times still snapping and he would come towards me with this look of disappointment on his face and say, "Hey!! No more pictures!! Put the camera on the ground. Watch me, mommy!!"
I just love this boy to pieces!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!! It makes me want to run through a sprinkler!!

KJH said...

I love that he's not afraid of water in his face. So cute. My kids go running for a towel if even one drop touches their eye. ::) (Me rolling mine.)