Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Preschool!

Madison started her first day of preschool yesterday! We've been talking about what it means to go to school for months now, so she was fully prepared. I woke up yesterday morning with a pit in my stomach. Did I really have to drop off my little girl at school and *gulp* leave her there?? On the way to school, she was SO excited. She was talking to Nathan saying, "Nathan, I'm going to school today!!" Meanwhile, mommy is tearing up in the front seat. I didn't let Madison see that! It was so cute to arrive and see all the kids excited for their first day of preschool. When the teacher opened the door, Madison was ready to head on in without even kissing me goodbye! So after the obligatory pictures, hugs and kisses, she said bye and walked right in. I walked back to the car and...you guessed it, I cried. I called Scott, he laughed at me, then I felt better. ;) It's amazing to me that just a year ago she was still very much a mommy's girl, never wanting to leave my side. Now she goes off to preschool alone without a second glance back. I'm so proud of her.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: