Saturday, May 2, 2009

Half Marathon!

Today was the Capital City Half Marathon here in Columbus. We woke up to blue skies and cool weather...it was PERFECT! My friend, Jami, and I have been training for this for the past 10 weeks and we ran the 13.1 miles together this morning. It was great!! I won't lie, there was a point during the race that I was cursing my decision to even train for the darn thing, but the important thing is, I did it! I ran the whole thing, never stopped and came across the finish line in 2 hours and 31 minutes. Final (accurate) time is TBA when they put the stats up online. When the race begins, it takes a few minutes to cross the start line, which is when my time actually started. I spent the afternoon limping in pain and sleeping for 3 hours, but the feeling of finishing a half marathon is indescribable. I did it!!




Can you see me? I have sunglasses on...making my sprint towards the finish line


I did it...whoo hoo!!!

Can I pass out now?

Jami, my running partner...she rocks and kept me going when I wanted to quit!

5 comments:

Meems said...

Congrats!...You look awesome by the way:)

KJH said...

Woo Hoo!! I can't say it enough, I hope you realize what an amazing thing you did and how very proud you should be.

Hayley said...

Yay!!! I'm quite impressed!!! Someday I will try it...that day is not anytime soon :)

Jen said...

I love how happy you both look in your post race photo! Kudos to you both for all the hard work during training and especially for the great race!!!

Anonymous said...

So proud of you!! For some reason I cried as you passed the finish line. Madison looked up at me like I was crazy!! Maybe I was crying because I could NEVER do 13 miles???