Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My little fish!

Madison advanced to the next level in swimming for this session. Thank goodness, because last time would've been our last time if she hadn't. The class she was in before can only be compared to Nathan's baby swim class, in that all they did was get the kids comfortable with water. This entailed sitting in 3 inches of water, playing games for 30 minutes. NOW, she's learning to swim! And in just a few classes, she's almost there! Her first class didn't go well when she was instructed to go under water without holding her nose. She left the class crying, insisting she would never go back. After a lot of talking (and coercing) and a visit to a sporting goods store to check out nose plugs (which were NOT a hit, by the way!), she went back to the class to try again. This time she loved it! I had the priveledge of watching her last night, as usually I am swimming with Nathan in his class at the same time. But Scott got in with Nathan last night, so I took advantage and got Madison on film!


3 comments:

Hayley said...

Too cute!! I remember taking swim lessons at that old Pepperwood pool across the street from your house. That was AGES ago :)

KJH said...

Yay Madison! I'm going to show this to Lily and Brennan and keep my fingers crossed they will be brave like you were.

Jen said...

I'll wave to you from the baby pool or shallow water where I'll be camped with my kids this summer...

She's made major strides since last session!