We're moving! I feel like I've been waiting for this day forever, and now that it's finally here, it's bittersweet. Why? Because this was our first house. We built this house right after getting married and we were sooooo excited. Owning a home is such a great feeling, talk about a sense of accomplishment, right? We have worked so hard on this house to make it what it is. It's been hard and there have been lots of arguments and lost time together because of it, but it was worth it because this is our home. But more importantly, this is where we started our family and brought BOTH of our babies home from the hospital to. Every room has amazing memories that I will miss terribly.
But I know we are making the right decision for our family. Being in a neigborhood has been a craving of mine since I became pregnant with Madison. How sad is it that it was just months after moving in here that I began feeling this way? Because I stay home with the kids, I need more than being out in the country, away from neighbors and just people in general. It's too much work to pack up the kids and drive somewhere for what potentially could be a short walk. In our new neighborhood we can go for a 5 minute walk or a 30 minute walk. It doesn't matter because we'll be close to home! Madison can ride her bike anytime she wants instead of waiting for me to load it up, pack us up, and drive somewhere for her to be able to ride it. Instead of spending our evenings inside, there will be neighborhood kids to laugh and play with. I'm so excited! And have I mentioned my plans for our family bike rides? Something that we have never done before because it's just too much work!
I have to give some major kudos to Scott for finally opening up and seeing how important this is to me and how much it will benefit the kids. He loves it out here. He is giving up acerage and tons of garage space to move into Westerville. But as much as he was originally opposed to the idea, he is excited. I especially LOVE to hear him talking about us doing things as a family, such as bike rides, walks to the park, etc. This is going to be good.
Two weeks and counting.....
No comments:
Post a Comment