Wednesday, July 30, 2008

28 years.

It was my 28th birthday yesterday. Whoo hoo! I've been kind of dreading the day (I know, I know...I'm still young)....but I'm nearing the big 3-0 and I am just having a hard time with it for some reason. ANYWAYS, I had an AMAZING day! Scott surprised me by taking the day off, giving me spending money and the entire day to myself. I mean, seriously. I haven't had an entire day to myself in nearly 5 years. No kidding. 1-2 hours, maybe...NOT a whole day to shop and do whatever I want!?!?!! I went to a delicious breakfast with my mom sans children, then met Rosie for shopping. I rediscovered a deep down love for shopping that I once had. Shopping kind of loses its' pizazz when you feel like you are a contestant on a game show, competing to get the most done in the least amount of time with two children whining, begging, fighting, asking, pleading, dumping unwanted items in the cart, needing bathrooms, diapers changed...all in a time span to get home for a nap that said child decides he or she isn't going to take afterall. It's just not fun! I also threw in a haircut in the late afternoon (because, you know, I could do whatever I wanted!!) and got home just in time to kiss my babies and head out to dinner and a movie with hubby. Really. A perfect day. Couldn't ask for more!


I know you can't tell he had fun judging by his LACK of smiling, but I think we had a good time!





Me and my girls out to dinner to celebrate me a year older.

No comments: