Sunday, March 23, 2008

March already

Well, I really do have all intentions to come here consistently, now just for the sole purpose of keeping track of milestones, for a running reminder of what Madison and Nathan do, when they do them, because those things certainly never make it to their baby books. But even on the computer, I can't find time! Fortunately, I'm on break from school for a couple weeks, so now is as good a time as any. A few things on my mind right now.

  • Nathan took his first solo steps on February 22, just days after his 1st birthday. He started out only taking 4-5 steps at a time if one of us was on the receiving end cheering him on. Now, I'll look over from the kitchen and see him walking across the family room all by himself. He's getting so big. It will be any day now that he is running after Madison.
  • Madison is very into playing card games (UNO, Old Maid, Go Fish), anytime she catches any of us not physically doing something we're automatically recruited to play 'Eye Spy', she loves drawing and frequently uses her pictures to thank us for doing anything nice for her. If I tell her we're going somewhere fun, she'll say "Thank you mommy! I'm giving you 7 pictures!" It's so sweet.
  • Nathan has just mastered how to "smile" for the camera. If I tell him to say cheese, he arches his head back and puts on the biggest smile, bearing all his teeth and saying "Eeeee!". Oh, so cute!
  • Madison LOVES playing with her friends. The girl requires nonstop action, which is tiring for mommy sometimes. As one activity is ending, she needs to know that something else is lined up for her. And I must say, for a 4 year old, the girl can play hard. There are days she will play with her friends all day, nonstop...meaning 6, 7, 8 hours even. I practically have to force her to sit down to eat.
  • Nathan says "daddy" and squeals with delight whenever he sees Scott. He's still very much a momma's boy, but loves seeing his daddy. He also says "doggy" and "baby" and recently mastered "Andy" and says it in the most adorable way. But even though I'm his favorite, "mommy" is not part of his vocabulary just yet. And the word I hear the most throughout the day is "hello?" He love, love, loves talking on the phone and will put just about anything up to his ear and say "hello!!?" In fact, a few mornings ago when he woke up, instead of crying out for me, he just yelled "Hello! Hello??? Hello!" over and over again. It was hilarious.

Ok, that's all I have for now. Really, school is kicking my booty (although I got straight A's last quarter...whoo hooo!) and I don't have time in the evenings for anything else but studying, but I do hope to keep up with this!

No comments: